padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Monday, February 14, 2005

Things on the horizon.

This friday I'll be finishing the short and almost completely unattended run of "The Chris and Scott Show". If you're in Chicago and want to see a weird thing, come out to the Cornservatory (4210 n. Lincoln...I know it's a terrible name for a theater) at 11 this friday night. After three years of getting all my friends and co-workers to come to shows, the well is running dry. I've grown tired of using up my phone calls to friends to get them to shows rather than to go have dinner or a drink or a movie. I'm sure they're tired of me calling for that reason too.

I guess the key is going to have to be actually doing show's that are highly marketable and marketting them. I should act like I'm ninety. All my friends and family are dead. How, then, do I get people to come see my show if I'm not already famous? Well, I guess a marketting angle in that case could be, "Watch this ninety year old guy try to stand up for an hour." Or "Watch this ninety year old guy will himself to death onstage!" Of course, you lose the 40-60 demographic there, because they don't want to think about their own mortality.

Oh, I have two auditions coming up. The all important (if you're in the Chicago improv/sketch community) Second City auditions are coming up. I go up on Tuesday the 22nd of feb. So...let's see. 10 people per audition group. Looks like 15 audition groups a day. Three days. Factor in my unfounded optimism and you 've got me versus 500 others in a competition for maybe 3 or 4 spots. Even though the chances are slim, we all audition for it. No one really expects to get in. We just go because we'd feel bad if we didn't. It's a free lottery. Why not enter, right?

Then, later that week, I have an audition for an paid improv gig in Maine. It'd be nice to get paid to do this. I've only ever had to travel once before for a gig and that was for a fake game show about managing your money that I hosted and delivered to college students, in the hopes that they would somehow know less about managing money than I did. I liked the experience of travelling and doing all these college shows but...I missed my wife. I really missed my wife when the freshman girls seemed to be taken by my charm. College girls are sexy. Even the ugly ones. Because you know they're all willing to try whatever. But I'm married. So I pretend that my wife and I are in college. I'm a freshman studying theater and she's a real student who's not interested in me in the least. We play that game all the time.

I'm hoping that this new blog of mine will reacquaint me with my friend Julia Hernandez. She lives across the hall from me but she blogs all day. I think. She does something with computers. We haven't talked in six months. She moved across the hall from me and my wife because we all thought that that would bolster our friendship. I guess it's just tooo convenient to visit now. It's like that book next to my bed. I could read it now but, it'll be there tomorrow too so let's see what's on television.

1 Comments:

Blogger Web Mistress Julia said...

I'm that person across the hall, doing something with computers, some I might discuss, some I might not (!), just let you guess.

If you've stumbled onto Chris' blog, you should know that he and his wife are two of the best people I have ever known, as far as character and the things that count, really.

Yes, we haven't seen each other much at all lately (broad use of the term), but I never for a second doubt how you guys feel and I know you don't either.

I don't quite blog all day, not these days, but I'm blogging regularly again. Had an interruption, funny thing how an ISP gets funny about a full storage limit (well 110% to be honest, for months on end) and letting you post.

SO....I"m just getting back to blogging again, but I'm online doing odd things that don't make sense to many people (Chris I think you can appreciate that lol) but are very artistically satisfying.

Most important, Chris is writing here where more of you folks can appreciate just how DAMN FUNNY he is, honestly.

If you are in the Chicago area, go see him live, and no matter where you are, bookmark this blog and enjoy!

Tue Feb 15, 01:43:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home