padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Long, lazy, weird.

Today was the kind of day that makes driving a trolley worthwhile. It's the kind of day where you get paid to take a leisurely lunch and fall asleep on the couch while trying to read something.
Then, after being handed a pretty good tip, I got to get an extra hour on the clock while I waited...you get paid for waiting when you drive a trolley. Everyone should get paid for waiting. Cuz then think of all the great stuff you could do while you were waiting. Then everybody would ultimately be getting paid for doing whatever they wanted and isn't that what communism really should have tried better to do?
Then when work was over, I got to practice my very limitted spanish with two four year olds who were helping their father trabajar. It was the only time I've had a textbook spanish conversation. "Me llamo Emilio." "Me llamo Chris. Mucho gusto." shake hands. "Senora Brown. Busco mis maletas." "Hola, Senior Dinosaurios. Donde esta el bano de los brontosaurios gigantes?" You know that sort of thing.

But the weirdest thing happened before I started work. I got a call from my little (half, adopted, step) brother Kevin. He, apparently was asked to do some beats for rapper Tech N9ne (that's not a mispelling. that's street cred.) Google Tech N9ne. He'll shoot you right through your wireless connection, he's that crazy.

So, I've been working for 10 years, trying to make something happen and my little brother goes in and out of prison, steals, smokes and tattoos himself up with graffiti and Tech N9ne walks into a club and asks if he would lay down some beats for him. Good for him. I hope he makes it huge so he can afford some good lawyers to get his checkered past expunged.

Y tu?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home