padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Singing Through the Pain

I watched much of "Singing in the Rain" tonight. It was kind of a dare. My Film Genre's teacher said to the class, "you don't like musicals?" And he explained to us why we did. Then he played much of "Singing in the Rain". Of course, most of us loved it. But the troubling thing was a subtopic that came up. Turns out Debbie Reynolds danced till her feet bled. Donald O'Connor spent a week in the hospital after "Make 'em Laugh". That's just "Singing in the Rain". Did you know Buster Keaton only found out ten years after the fact that he'd broken his collarbone making a movie? Did you know I think I broke my foot 13 years ago and didn't figure it out til this year? Did you further know: George Clooney actually drowned for real three times during "Perfect Storm"? Fred "Rerun" Berry was NOT an audioanimatronic machine? Asimo, the Robot made by Honda is on seventeen sex offender websites? God had to be recast at the last minute because the first guy was finite? Don Rickels has a cold RIGHT NOW? It's a crazy world folks. And the movies are crazy too. And sometimes the people in the world are also in movies. And the people in the movies are also in the world. That gets confusing for people that just like smiling and nodding at strangers. That's me. The reason why I mention all this is, if I'm making this next low budget movie, (and I am) I won't be making people work too hard. Because I can't pay hospital bills or even buy anyone new shoes. The "did you knows" coming out of the production of my next move will be things like: "Did you know Churchill shit himself three lines into that take?" "Did you know that this character wasn't in the original script? He just wandered onto camera from a nearby homeless shelter and Chris was afraid to tell him to leave." You know. Stuff like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home