padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Here's how the dream affected today...

As usual the dreams are not ever very literal. Usually a vibe with some key symbols. The vibe of the dream was one of orchestrated success on a limitted scale. The success being (in the dream) a big show where my friends and former colleagues were there and were happy for me, etc. These were all improv people in the dream. (See the previous entry) etc.
Well this is the day:

I got asked to babysit for a real live baby because Lilly Allison couldn't do it. (Close but no cigar, Churchill).
I'm just glad I'm being trusted to take care of little Jordan McMahon. First the McMahons trained me on their cats. Now I get to watch a human. Soon, very soon, I'll be in charge of a sketch comedy troupe.

That's not what the dream was about.

Ultimately it turned out that I got informed today that it was between me and my buddy Scott to drive the cast of MadTV around and to their shows in a trolley for the Chicago Improv Festival. I then pleaded my case (that I used to be friends with Ike Barinholtz) and then I e-mailed Ike to have him request me as the driver. Then I confirmed that I was indeed the driver for one of the two nights with a group sales lady (Yolanda) who just happened to wander in to the office as I was leaving at 10:30pm. She works 9-5. Why so late, Yolanda? Just to fulfill my dreams? Yes. Yolanda saw to it that I'd be driving that shift on Saturday, April 30th.
So in a way, I was given an opportunity to do something relatively cool (by trolley driving standards, not failed sketch comedian standards) but I had to orchestrate things in such a way as to ensure that I'll indeed be the guy.

Oh and I'll bet Scott will be the other guy for friday. That's the night of Improv til Dawn anyway, so I'll be there doing something at some point near dawn.

So metaphorically the dream was pretty close. I'm the guy that all my colleagues (represented by Tony and Joanna...former colleagues) are happy for because of the theatrical turn (represented by the show) that my trolley driving will take on April 30th. This due partly to a stroke of luck (the feeling I had in my dream from the beginning was that I was given a chance to make something happen and I decided to make sure it happened) and my own orchestration.

Oh one last thing. If you're reading this thinking, "Wow Chris sure is excited about driving famous folks around. What's the big deal?" Yeah. You're right. And in the dream, no one was really all that excited either.
Tomorrow I move furniture from one side of the room to the other.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if you are being trusted to sit on Jordan, can you sit on Ellie too sometime? Pat and I are always on the lookout for babysitters. Just in case we, like, ever decide to leave the apartment or anything.

Sadly, we are not one of those cool families for which everyone wants to babysit. No cable, no junk food, DSL if you're lucky. Why did I think you were allergic to cats?

Thu Apr 14, 01:31:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home