padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I am made of lettuce.

Usually I have dreams that make some sort of sense to me. But yesterday I had a dream so nonsensical yet disturbing that I was "off" all day.
I dreamt that I looked down to the cuticle of my left thumb and saw that it was really far away from my nail. It was as if the skin on my hand was on a hinge and someone had forgotten to close my hand door. But I quickly realized that the reason why my hand skin was open was that there was too much lettuce in there. So I opened my hand skin and saw that there was just way too much shredded lettuce in me. It was all diced into half inch squares and packed tight within my hand. So I started brushing it off onto the floor. I didn't want to brush off too much because I began to think I might have been made entirely of lettuce on the inside at this point. So I just brushed off the exit.
Then, I think I threw up some lettuce. No liquid. Just lettuce.
For the first half hour or so after I woke up I still had the urge to brush the lettuce out of my hand. For the rest of the day yesterday, I kept feeling like if I coughed, lettuce would fly out of my mouth. It was bad enough that I had to convince myself it would be okay to have that McChicken sandwich at lunch.
I was uncomfortable all day yesterday.
Maybe I've been eating too healthy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That completely wigged my shit out, dude.

Sun Apr 10, 05:43:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd comment but I have a sudden craving for a salad.

Mon Apr 11, 05:15:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, it's been like three days and i still haven't gotten over this.

Fri Apr 15, 11:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger L said...

it's been weeks now. still makes my hand feel lettuce-y.

Fri Apr 29, 10:35:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home