padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Friday, February 01, 2013

The book I'm working on...

I decided that I want to post a random couple paragraphs from the first draft of the book I'm writing. Without giving you any sort of context, I give you a portion of the climax of the book:

“Please proceed slowly and carefully to the tables and counters as they are available. Please do not drink coffee quickly as it can burn your throat. At such time as it is deemed appropriate I will ask three holiday themed trivia questions. And now a toast. To the holidays. You may drink.”

My shoulders quaked, as if I was being pulled back by the giant unseen hand of God. The spirit of John Smith was giving my spirit an allergic reaction. I disapproved.

“I must add conditions. If you don’t mind, John.”



---why the boring name you might ask, blog reader? Who's talking to who? You will find out later when it's done. And who knows? By then, this part may have been edited out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home