padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Friday, February 18, 2005

What was that smell?

Anybody wanna venture a guess as to what that smell was?

Feel free to post your reply.
It was quite a surprise. Although not completely a surprise.
I saw it and I said to myself, "Oh yeah. There it is."
I can't wait for any of you to guess.

The person who comes closest to guessing exactly what that smell was, gets one of my winning smiles and a handshake along with one beverage of your choice if we can schedule a time to meet. I must warn you, I'm never available. I'm even less available when someone is requesting the free beverages that I frequently promise. But if you know what I look like and where I live and can out run me, you can have that free beverage. But, once again, that's IF you can give the best guess as to what that smell was.

"What's that smell" was brought to you by Chris' Wild Theories and "The Chris and Scott Show".
No animals were harmed in the typing of this or any blog thus far.
Any similarities between "What's that smell" and any other blog are purely coincidental.

"My Generation"
Performed by The Who
Written by Pete Townsehend.
Not used with or without their permission.

"What's that smell?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Web Mistress Julia said...

Ok, it's not THAT smell but sometimes, in my apartment, I smell cigarettes. Fresh, the just lit smell.

I don't smoke.

It's not coming under the two doors to the hallway, I only smell it near me, at the computer, allll the way in the apt.

The window is not open.

I don't get it.

Makes me want a cigarette too, and I rarely get that drunk these days that I want a ciggie, not even my 2 bottles of champagne New Years did it.

But I smell it every so often.

Is the smell localized at all?

I'd get bleach or some such thing and run that into the kitchen and bathroom sinks, to "clean" the trap water, maybe?

Could there be a catch basin in the A/C unit that's gone wonky w/old moldy water? Or under the fridge? I've heard of dead mice in that tray behind the fridge "grill" below the doors, and when the fan cycles you get what my mom calls "mouse whiff", that eau de dead mousie gently wafting through the house.

Then again, considering the exotic nature of the denisens of this building, it could be something floating in from another unit.

I'll go w/mouse whiff. Which means you really really don't want Cathy to know that's what it is if it is that when you figure out what it is, right? hehehe

Fri Feb 18, 03:33:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi this is "Scott" of the "Chris and Scott Show". Guess what? Hmmm? Give up? You fools. I would never in a million years tell you. You can guess all day long and twice on Sunday as they say. "They"? Who are "They"? Sounds ominous, doesn't it? Does it? Even if it did I would never tell you.
Chris is a liar. There is no smell in his apartment. And if you believe him you are also a liar.
Or maybe I'm the liar?
Are you calling me a liar?
Don't call me....Ever.
I have to go beat up my dad, so smell ya later fag-o's!!!

Fri Feb 18, 08:11:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead mouse

Fri Feb 18, 08:27:00 PM CST  
Blogger Churchill said...

No. No dead mouse. Even if there was a dead mouse, I could never let my wife know that there was a dead mouse. Neither can I let her know how close the raccoon got to our apartment building that night four years ago.

Sat Feb 19, 01:23:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home