padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Thursday, April 14, 2005

I was a hit. Jordan woke up and her mother was gone so I used the old "act like nothings different and she's a competent, rational adult" thing to keep her from crying. I said to the six month old that "mom and dad are at work but they'll be back" and then I reminded her the sign language for "Chris" and "Nice". Then I think she did a sign for "Koko miss kittie. Koko cry." but I can't be sure.
We followed all her listed regimen. She ate, peed, pooped, cried, laughed and fell down alot. Then she started acting like she was teething finally. Making sucking sounds, etc. Maybe that was a critique of my babysitting style. Or perhaps she's another critic of our production of Woody Allen's "God". (By the way, great play. Audiences have been loving it. Regular people love it. Critics have been insulted by our removal of virtually any sign of the New York Jewish references. My reply is that "Woody Allen fans" {those who expect certain stuff from a Woody Allen production} can't have the monopoly on the enjoyment of a Woody Allen play. Some of us find Woody Allen funny in spite of all the New York Jewish stuff, hence proving the universiality of his comedy.) Jordan didn't understand all that when I explained it to her.
Then after snack, diaper, nap, diaper, snack, diaper, diaper, dinner; Jordan decided to taste my arm for a while. It made me laugh. I love that baby humans have to taste everything. I like to open my mouth and lay my tongue gently but purposefully on stuff all the time now just to pay homage to the baby humans. One time I saw a toddler at a store in a strip mall earnestly attempting to eat his way out through a glass door. It looked great to see this little bald head french kissing a clear surface.
Then mommy came home and I left.
Yes Jackie, I'm an excellent sitter and kids love me...eventually. It takes them a while to understand all my "bits". But once they catch on, they're hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home