padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Chris and Scott Show done for now...

The short run of "The Chris and Scott Show" has ended and it has done approximately what we thought it would do. It made a few people mad and a few more people really happy. Mostly the people I expected to show up, did. Mostly the people who I expected to stay away, stayed away. Thanks to everyone for living up to my expectations.
The jist of our show was to say all the things on stage that we would normally say when we were drunk and angry at home. Of course, as is our way, we disguise it behind a friendly facade. We dropkicked a lot of names and picked on the tendencies of Chicago improvisors and, again, most were pleased, some were clueless that we were even talking about them. The Chicago Improv Community is like a paper towel that is it's own mess...because of the intense self-absorbtion.
The team that "opened" for us tonight finished their set and promptly walked downstairs to the dressing room area and licked their wounds. That's really not cool. You really should stick around and support the other teams...especially when then are so few people in the house and the other group watched you.
I maybe shouldn't have called it out during the curtain call but, then again, I'm glad I did. They were downstairs when I said it anyway so no harm done. Until the audience member they brought brings it up and then there'll be...oh wait there will be no repercussions.

FYI, the "What's that smell?" is still running. Only Scott and my wife know the answer as to what that smell was. I had two more guesses come to me live tonight. Two friends guessed "a dead mouse". Luckily, they were wrong.

For those of you wanting to post long replies to me (like my buddy webmistressjulia), get a blogspot account. It's free. It's fun. It's addictive. If you don't want to do that, just keep it under 360 words. Most people should edit their chatter anyway. However, this is my blog so I will not edit myself.

If you're out and about in downtown chicago tomorrow (or today now I guess), find me. I'll be in the big red trolley telling lies to the tourists about things no one could have any proof of. That is to say, the great Chicago fire was started by Steve Dahl during Disco Demolition. Prove to me it didn't happen.

Good night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it the smell of shame or victory?

Sun Feb 20, 02:50:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The paper towell comment was a gem. I wish I thought of it first!! I wonder which one of was will become famous first and leave the other one behind in total and absolute obscurity? I hope it's me! Take care, good buddy! See you at my house for the next game of Scene It!!

Sun Feb 20, 05:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger Web Mistress Julia said...

I Started The Fire! hehehehe

Tue Feb 22, 02:10:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home