padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hello reader.

Wondering if anybody had any opinions on my lawnchair ban proposal? (See previous post) I know there are two sides to this but let me add one more thing...I don't have any lawn furniture. I don't have anything I'd like to leave out in the snow to hold my parking spot except a 5'-4" half sicilian/half irish comedian that hates the cold.

Today I meet with Nate Herman. And today I don't consider him "Nate Herman: Double Decker Tour Guide." Rather, today, I consider him, "Nate Herman: Writer with many years of experience (Saturday Night Live and Second City) and connections." He's going to look at my potentially disastrous comedy entitled "Chair". We at "The Co-Governors of Space" are gearing up to put it up in the spring.

After I post this blog, I call him and we go get coffee. I don't even drink coffee much anymore. I tried to give up caffeine but I got really depressed when I quit all at once. My wife quit and became a nice person which is weird. I almost divorced her when she didn't yell at me for forty-five minutes because I talked through a joke on the Simpsons.

The thing is, I'm getting to the age and to the point in my journey where I'd be willing to do a few things that I don't normally do to get a little help. Later I plan on doing some heroin with Cobain. Although, I haven't heard from him in a long time.

By the way, here's the list of people I know who are doing a lot better than I am:
1. Ike Barinholtz-He's on MadTv
2. The Public Radio Sketch Comedy Group, "Schadenfreude"- Luckily, they're still nice to me.
3. Nicholas Roget-King- He's Rene' Russo's youngest son in the recent remake, "Yours Mine and Ours". In this case, I'm actually really glad that he's doing so well. His dad's a trolley driver and we all know Nicky.
4. Nate and Phil of the "House Theater"- Good guys. Former trolley drivers. And every once in a while, you see Nate under some other name hosting some infomercial.
5. Craig and Genevieve Thompson of "Infamous Commonwealth Theater"-Happily, they're getting some good reviews of late.
6. Dan Shaw of the Irish Rock group "The Tossers"- They just got signed to a big record deal with Victory Records and I'm going to his birthday party on Friday.
7. Chemically Imbalanced Comedy- Just got their first series of great reviews for a show that just happened to be the first show I was not a part of in three years.

So...I'm watching people blowin' up all around me. But I'm hoping that the current planning and laying low of "The Co-Governors of Space" will pay off when we unveil our first production in Spring...when I'm even older.

"You're older than you've ever been and now you're even older...and now you're even older...and now you're even older. You're older than you've ever been and now you're even older...and...now...you're...older...still."-They Might Be Giants

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that was cold. That's the last time I hold a parking spot for you all night long. God! My feet are so cold...so, so cold...

Wed Dec 14, 09:52:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record.. my comedy career is going much worse than yours.

Wed Dec 14, 12:52:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your still a more successful artist than I am. Dave B

Wed Dec 14, 10:56:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I feel so old...

Thu Dec 15, 07:40:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What-ever. You don't have enough freaking hours in the day to read MY list of all the people who are doing better than me. Granted, I do not restrict the list to comedians, which is why it is a lot longer. I read it to my husband, who interrupts me every half-hour to ask if I really think my life is that bad. I just take a deep breath and continue. "234. My stepbrother. 235. My other stepbrother. 236. My other stepbrother's wife. 237. Guy I knew 20 years ago who had his wedding announced in the New York Times this summer. 238. Wife of the guy I knew 20 years ago who had his wedding announced in the New York Times this summer. 239. The alderman. 240. The alderman's wife."

You get the idea.

Thu Dec 15, 11:18:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home