padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Sunday, December 11, 2005

My Mexican Marionette alter ego.

I just did "Don't Spit the Water" for the first time tonight with my mexican marionette stand-up comedian, "Jose' Tovar". It was fun. Really challenging. I made up at least 3 new "jokes" for him on the spot. Good to know what you can do under pressure.

Jose' does racially based comedy. Here was my favorite new Jose' joke:

"Why did Turkey cross the road?
To commit genocide against the Armenians in the nineteen teens."

Not so much funny as informative.

He said, "White people dance like this." And then he danced.

He also hit on a beautiful blonde, commenting that, "The last time I was with a real, full-sized woman, I got stuck in there. All my strings were hanging out. She thought I was a tampon." (Granted, he should have said "three tampons"). After a couple weeks, she had "Tovar Shock Syndrome".

And Jose' also mimed climbing a giant black penis.

He does classy material.

Oh, and Jose' (or Josecito, as the friends of the "real" Jose' call him) also made a Wilfred Brimley joke. Jose walks funny. He said he was doing an impression of Brimley without his horse. Surprisingly, that got a laugh.

Never even got around to his Chicago Bears slandering material, his "Pig Latino" lesson, or the moment of silence for Richard Pryor (which I'm sure, in the context of the show would have gotten a laugh).

He also kept referring to me as "that fat fuck over my shoulder." And informed everyone that the reason that I was saying the same things that he was was that I was his biggest fan and I know all the words to his bits.

Jose' did a good job.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a comidic genius. You explore places most people blindly pass by.

Sun Dec 11, 09:50:00 AM CST  
Blogger Churchill said...

If you're serious, congratulations. If you're not, then you misspelled "comedic".

Sun Dec 11, 03:30:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Jose have any material on "CTA Spanish"?

Mon Dec 12, 03:46:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was serious.

Mon Dec 12, 04:42:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home