padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Monday, February 18, 2008

Childrens party time!

So I'm in Kansas City (technically Lenexa, Kansas) babysitting my nieces. They're 15 and 13 so there's really not a lot I need to do anymore. If a 15 year old girl needs any real help, she doesn't need her uncle anyway. She needs any of the hundreds of females walking around the sidewalks and shopping centers of Johnson County Kansas. I'm sure they'll be happy to help. Luckily no problems there so far.

So in a few moments I'll be taking the girls in the van and picking up two nephews and another niece and going to Pizza Street at my 10 year old nephew Henry's suggestion. Apparently he likes the fact that it's an all you can eat buffet for 3.99. So cheap, he even offered to pay. Two years ago, maybe I would have taken his money but I've matured.

Apparently, as legend has it, the last time they went, the younger nephew Hudson (I think he's seven) ate a few mushrooms and chose that occasion to find out he was allergic. Henry, the family statistician, informed me that it took ten trays and three bowls to catch it all. Henry had to crawl under the table to go play games. So, let me get this straight, Henry. You watched your little brother vomit harder and longer than he ever had...in a public place, no less. Had the presence of mind to count the receptacles and then you ran off to play skeeball? (that's right, skee ball. I don't claim to know what kids play these days...no doubt some guitar slinging, dancing, car stealing and murdering combination that allows you to collect points that you can use against your parents in real life.)

So today should be fun. I'm looking forward to cheap pizza and questionable deserts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

deserts?

Wed Feb 20, 01:46:00 PM CST  
Blogger Churchill said...

I was spelling like a 10 year old. Is that a good enough lie/excuse for you?

Wed Feb 20, 04:47:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home