padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Monday, June 27, 2005

Gay Pride and acting for money and/or pride.

Yesterday I drove a trolley for the Gay Pride Parade (for the second year in a row).
A lot of good gays. Gotta love the gays.
No lesbians wearing men's briefs as bras this year.
Only one enclave of gay-hating religious people.
More gay religious organizations this year.
I was behind a float for gay marriage.
Hot.
Long.
Gay.
Oh, that reminds me. I was just ahead of the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.
And...I introduced myself to a guy from "Naked Boys Singing" because a friend of mine used to be in that show and so I went to see it.

I was driving for Chemically Imbalanced Comedy and the Cornservatory. We passed out flyers to people.
By the way, if anybody sees the flyer or poster for "Lick Your Wounds" at the Water Tower by the hot tix booth, that's my show, I helped create it, I host it and I drew the poster. Angela helped create it and layed the poster out.
It's a good show and The Reader is coming to see it this week so come see it.

As much as I love the Gays and Pride, I say this to you: Don't be gay. Come see "Lick Your Wounds" this week.

Twice a gay man reached into the trolley and touched my leg. That didn't happen last year. I must've gotten gayer or sexier when I had to die my hair.

Today, I had my first rehearsal for a children's show called "Hogwash". I played music today but in two weeks I'll be a character in the show too.

As I've said before, I recently promised myself that I will no longer take any gigs that don't A.) pay something or B.) help my or my theater company's resume'.

Hogwash pays a little, once we start doing the shows...September.
Stand-up pays. Little acoustic music shows usually pay.
I have to try to get out to see a show called "Don't Spit the Water" because I was told that if I saw it and came to talk to them after the show that they were interested in hiring me. It pays a little too.

I saw an ad for basically a full-time acting gig for school assemblies about moral issues. It pays really well. Gotta send out the resume' and headshot tomorrow or sooner.

Gotta check with Lily's (talent agency) regarding my check for the Simon Cowelll thing I did.

I'm really excited about the sketch group I'm directing. We're gonna be ready by the end of the summer for our first show and it will be great. We're gonna do weird, fun shows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dyed your hair? What color? Post pix!

Or, I could just go to the show on Friday and see for myself...

Tue Jun 28, 11:02:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should most definitely come check out DSTW!

Sun Jul 17, 02:09:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home