padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Monday, June 06, 2005

The other secret.

So I was asked to be in an MTV show called "High School Stories". It seemed like extra work so I asked if it was paid and if it was extra work. There was no reason to spend 16 hours in total to be an unpaid extra. They replied that it was unpaid extra work, so I sent an e-mail telling them that I really couldn't afford to do it but thanks, blah blah.
Then I come home from work to hear that they were trying to get ahold of me all morning because they had given me a "little part". They should've really said that before I took work that day. Anyway, I don't feel bad about missing out on a production that unfolded the way this one did. I'm sure my one or two lines wouldn't have been compensated either.
I consider this to be my first test of my new decision about my life: "I am no longer doing shows unless they a.) are paid, b.) help out Chemically Imbalanced Comedy or c.) help build my resume'.
I don't need stage time.
That hasn't been an issue for a looooonnnnnngggg time. I need money and life time.
Trying to mature.
Also, I have said it before, but when I was a kid I had an epiphany. The epiphany was that I suddenly realized that I would never become famous until it was not a big deal at all. I can feel that coming around the corner and I'm not sure if I'll be as happy as I will be temporarily relieved and then suddenly burdened.
Well, it should feel like a job I guess.
Today I drove a trolley so that another driver (Anthony Irons...appearing on the mainstage for Second City on the 7th thru the 9th) could go to his audition for MadTV. Then I decided to trade with him so that he could go to an audition for the Cartoon Network.
Oh well.
There's stuff on the horizon so I don't feel so bad. I just finished editting my stand-up demo and am looking forward to sending that to clubs around the country.
Apparently I have a connection at "Riddles" here in Chicago (or some suburb). That's cool. That would pay. And a connection at Comedy Central maybe thanks to Chemically Imbalanced Comedy.
I start rehearsing for a paying children's improv show in a couple weeks.
Things are looking up.
The question is (and feel free to leave your answers) "what are things looking up at?" I would venture to guess that things are looking up at the underpants of a sexy but filthy whore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home