padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Busy.

Thursday...God cancelled. No audience. That was the only time in the run that that happened.
Friday...Good house for God. Then did the "King of the Mountain" competition. Surprisingly, the team with 8 people brought more friends and therefore got more votes than the team with 5 who got more than the group with three who got more than me by myself got. 12, 8, 7, 6. However, in terms of prize money, I made more than any other individual. Because I didn't have to split it with anybody.
The nice thing about the King of the Mountain performance is that when I do my solo stuff, I'm reminded that, yes, every once in a while, I'm special. I do a really good solo show. This particular series of two performances both included guest spots by little Jose Tovar (the marionette) doing his racially based stand-up comedy. What was nice was that the real Jose Tovar came to see the show and he approved and even waived to the audience. It was a good time.
Saturday, meeting with Chemically Imbalanced Comedy where we discussed nominations for Artistic associates and future plans. Then a poster run at 2:30. Then a nap until I worked the door at CIC. Then met with "Lick Your Wounds" at 11pm to hang out a little before our 12:30 CIF improv all night slot. Show went well.
Sunday (today), "God" closed with another pretty good house. Well received again. After that a rehearsal for "Lick Your Wounds."
Tomorrow, "The Chris and Scott Show" starts it's three week run at the Kitchen Sink (at the Playground).
Six shows, two rehearsals, three CIC obligations in five days.
Yes, this was the right week for my wife to be out of the country. Because, for all practical purposes, I may as well be in a turkish prison right now too.
I'll sleep soon. Then I'll work. Then I'll finish some stuff, go to a bit of my annoyance class (maybe) and then do the "Kitchen Sink", then clean the apartment, wash clothes, wash dishes, take stuff down to the storage area, sleep, clean, clean, clean and then pick up my wife at the airport.
Then what?
No suggestions because I'm sure I'm busy already.
arf
By the way, Don Halls show, "Soiree' Dada" is getting amazing good reviews. That's awesome. Now, of course, I'm too selfish and lazy to ever support other peoples artistic endeavors, so the chances of my seeing Soriee Dada are pretty slim. But if I was going to see anything, that'd be it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have indeed been burning the proverbial midnight oil, sir. And just think, tonight you and I shall burn a few bridges in the incestous improv commune we call home...yet again. My favorite thing about Chris and Scott is that we're actually better than others. In all areas. It's science. Look it up.

Mon May 02, 11:37:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home