padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You are excellent.

I just wanted to start this morning by letting everyone who reads this blog know that they are excellent. And by "they" I mean "other people". "They" doesn't mean "you", you know. If you were getting your chest all puffed up about how excellent you are, then maybe you should learn about pronouns.
Now, I have something to say to you. "You" is excellent. And by that I mean, the word "you" is a really great word. Even dogs and dolphins can say it after much training. The word "you" sounds like both a mournful cry and cheer. It's like "Aloha!" except, we as the English speaking world pigeonholed "you" into meaning, "the one who is being spoken to or written to".
Which reminds me of a love song I wrote years ago.
"The one who is speaking or writing
Feels affection for the one or one's being addressed."
x2.
That's the chorus.
Robots and savants love it.
Robots and savants also love you. And by that I mean you. You, the readers of this blog. Expect a Robotgram later this afternoon to congratulate you by crushing your car with its bare hands. Afterwards all the savants will arrive and play a mechanical, artless, emotionless rendition of Chopin's "My Dilly Bar has melted" waltz.
Anyway, URXLNt.

7 Comments:

Blogger cara said...

Churchill, Is that you? I'm certain it is; I recognized your picture immediately (although you had long wavyesque hair when I knew you back at UMKC in 1991/92) when I was at the KC Fringe Fest website (my husband has some friends in it). I am Cara Erickson-Park and went to UMKC where you were the nicest most unforgettable friend (the only one I remember and still wonder about) to me the year I was there. Then I went to Avila where I met my husband Danon, who is now a Ph.D. theatre student.
Anyway, I haven't totally perused your site to see what you're doing now, but post a response if you remember me and I'll write more. I was the tall too-skinny blondish goofy really-square girl. Not much changes, I guess.

Sat Jul 23, 04:33:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I tell if my Robotgram has arrived if my car has been crushed once already this week?

Sun Jul 24, 12:19:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Churchill said...

Of course I remember you Cara. I've actually thought about you more recently because there's some woman in these national commercials that looks a lot like you...I think "Dentine Ice" or something like that.
What group is your husband in?
Come see the show and we can exchange e-mails etc.

Mon Jul 25, 08:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger cara said...

Danon goes to KU, although he just got a job teaching away from KU and is thus going to take a leave of absence. He also has a "real" job.
I'll watch for the Dentyne Ice commercial. It doesn't ring any bells with me. Mostly I just remind people around here of Phoebe, blech. I can't relate much to that since I never really watched the show Friends. I buck the system in small ways.
We are planning on coming to the show, if I can get to fringe site to figure out where you'll be.
Cara

Mon Jul 25, 11:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger cara said...

Also forgot to tell you that the group Danon knows at Fringe is "Three", a bunch of KU students.
We should be at the Sat. show.

Tue Jul 26, 06:45:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad we can all witness this little love fest. No pardon me while I go vomit.

Sat Jul 30, 10:00:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Churchill said...

ANONYMOOOOUUUUSSSS!
Why must you poo-poo the love fest? Were you one of the people that walked out of my KC Fringe fest show? If so, shave your moustace and lose the baseball cap...or just go watch Jeff Foxworthy.
If you're someone else, lets go to Bakers Square!

Mon Aug 01, 09:05:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home