padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Live Nude Girls! Free Beer!

An interesting thing is seeming to happen to me. All those books about how the laws of the universe work and what God's doing and how quantum physics and spirituality are very close to the same thing are losing their luster in my eyes. Suddenly, I'm becoming more interested in the game of "My Life" which includes going back to school, watching television, playing trivia, driving a trolley (when the work is there), and (oddly enough) limitted doses of pop-culture. It's weird to purposefully re-wrap yourself up in the stuff you thought you were too smart for previously.
Don't get me wrong. I'm going to get around to finishing those Dalai Lama books. Because he laughs a lot. And so do I when all is normal with me. And I'm going to get around to my back log of Discover and Scientific American magazines that I have strewn about my apartment. However, I will be doing so with much less zeal than before. You know why? Because after nearly three weeks of dealing with this latest anxiety/depression episode, it occured to me that I don't really need to know why or how the universe works...just that it does and that the reason I'm in it is to be in it not to try my hardest to be on the outside looking in.
Sorry this post isn't funny. I'm just feeling sober and I'm enjoying the calmness of my apartment this morning as I'm writing this.
I should be back to posting more regularly pretty soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on!
One's reality depends on that which one is concious of.
(I really tried to not end in a prepositionn there. I feel I've ruined my own deeply philosophical musing. Crap.)

Sat Jan 14, 03:11:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home