padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Monday, December 14, 2009

A new show.

My first show, "Chair" is ending it's 2009, 12 show, run next week so we've started rehearsal on the next show, "Denouement". It's a play that takes place after the resolution of a previous, much more exciting play.
Some recasting is needed as one actress has backed out.
Now, do I go find a homeless woman and offer her a chicken dinner a day to play the role or do I audition new people? As both are very very inconvenient, I will ask friends.
It doesn't seem professional to cast friends but then again, if I am to have any friends at all, I have to put them in shows because I won't have time for them otherwise.
Keep your friends close and your actors closer. Keep your enemies in a meat freezer somewhere. It's much safer.
Here's a short play about my enemies in a meat freezer:

Enemy #1
I wish I had been nicer to Chris Churchill.

Enemy #2
Me too. I now see how he's right about everything all the time and how admirable he is.

Enemy #1
I have also noticed how hard it is to eat frozen,raw beef.

Enemy #2
I have to say, Chris Churchill warned us abou that.

Enemy #1
Do you have any tongue left?

Enemy #2
Cow tongue?

Enemy #1
No. Your tongue. You got it stuck on that side of beef, remember?

Enemy #2
Of course.

Enemy #1
Where is Godot II anyway? He was supposed to be here.

Enemy #2
Why would he come here?

Enemy #1
Chris Churchill posed the same question.

Enemy #2
I wish I was Chris Churchill.

Enemy #1
Me too. Well, time to die.

Enemy #2
See you on the other side.

Enemy #1
Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a creative writing class once, prof wanted us to write for five min every day...just anything he said. mine always seemed to have some type of conversation with myself in them...thanks for writing a blog that brought back pointless memories. keep blogging!

Sat Dec 19, 07:54:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps that was by charmin

Sat Dec 19, 07:55:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home