padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Lincoln Lodge went well.

The title of this blog was the long story short so if you don't want to read the long story, it's okay, you know it went well.
I was nervous all day wondering if anything I say on stage is funny. Reading it on paper, it's not funny. I talk about breadsticks but people laugh. I had a little technical SNAFU for my big "finale'" but I just gave the audience my book review of the bible which they liked so...
I've got to get a whole website going. One that I can use as a headshot/resume'/video clip/audio clip package so I can start booking more shows.
Lincoln Lodge is such a great club. I got $35 for doing not much. I think my set was like 12 minutes...maybe. That's $175 an hour. I'd love to work three hours a week and then go home and sleep and cry the rest of the week. Before I was born, I believe that's the life I asked for.
By the way, I woke up in the middle of the night the other night at 4am to see that the Discovery Science channel was showing a special that I had yet to see three times. And this one blew me away. It turns out that scientists actually think they know what happened before the big bang. It happens that the universe we're in is just one tiny part of a multi-verse which creates big bangs when any of its multiple layers of ribbon like potentiality (for lack of a better word) bumps into another ribbon. When they touch, all their stuff (matter, properties, dimensions) mingle and explode into a reality. After watching and understanding this, I fell back to sleep. I dreamt about my mind being huge and all over the place and waterlike and I felt like I was floating and happy.
And that's why I watch Discovery Science. From what I understand, my relationship to Discovery Science channel is similar to a heroine addicts relationship to heroine. The first time is amazing, then you spend the rest of your life looking for that original high. Well, consider the Discovery Science special on "Parallel Universes" my injecting heroin directly into my jugular vein.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -

If you need help getting a website up and what not, let me know. I can set it up and crap for you, and all you'd need to cover are the costs for hosting and the web address (I'm guessing like ~$10 for address and ~$7 or $8 a month for the hosting). The design and code and stuff I'll do for the cost of a pint or two.

Just let me know... leomendoza at gmail etc (or verbal communique, whatever)

Coming out of the blog closet too...

Mon Mar 07, 08:18:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home