padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Four days, three nights. last day.

I woke up, without an alarm or wake up call, right at 6AM. We got ready and we were out by 6:55AM. Check out. And, sadly, the last free breakfast. I solemnly scanned the selection. Chillaquilles, my good friend. I will spend some final moments with you here in Mexico. Pancakes, I am sorry that I had avoided you during this vacation. You see, we can be together anytime. But in Mexico I must be with the others--Oh...okay, my old friend. I will eat you here, now, on the last free meal. No no, sausage, if that is your real name. I spent the first morning with you and I became suspicious if you were really sausage at all. Perhaps, senior, you are not sausage, rather... weiners! Oh, hello there mystery cauldron. We meet again.The first two days, you were filled with a hot rice oatmeal which was exciting and wonderful. Today, you appear to be the same thing but you are being called hot cocoanut beverage. Whatever. Yesterday I eat you with a spoon. Today, I suck you directly from a cup like some sort of long lost lover returning from the war! Oh, I'm sorry fruit juice, I thought you were somebody else. Well, watermelon juice is okay but it's not what I was looking for...but I can't turn you down, not knowing that today is our last day together.
Breakfast was good. Quick.
On the bus. Over to the airport. Waited in line.
A bug flew into my mouth and climbed up the backside of my nose and just started walking around. I became uncomfortable. I blew my nose. There he was. As interesting as my vacation was for me, his little vacation had to be quite an experience too. "Have you guys ever been in a nose?...No not the front part. All the way back there by the spine. It's crazy back there. The footing's really slippery. You're right there by the uvula. Yeah, that's right, the uvula. It's as beautiful as the myths have indicated."
The plane ride back was relatively uneventful.
No boot on my van.
It was 34 degrees and snowing when we returned. And I like that just fine. Make believe is a fun but only in contrast to real life. It's like a great game. Eventually, you want to get back home and keep it as a memory. I was glad to hear that Chicago was still Chicago when we got there.
By the way, as beautiful as Ixtapa was, I'm sure there's more to do in Chicago.
Like work tomorrow and the rest of the week, stand-up this friday, rehearsal for "God" on Monday, stand-up next friday, more work and....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home