padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Four days, three nights. Day two.

Woke up early. Met for free breakfast. Went for free swimming. Went to a market across the street. Looked at 20 stores with exactly the same merchandise. I bought a bongo and a marionette that looked like my mechanic friend Jose' Tovar with a sombrero and a pistol. I look forward to working on trolleys with my marionette. We returned. More jumping into waves and riding them back to shore. I hurt my toes.I was talking to John and Julie and the wave came out of nowhere and sacked me for a loss of about fifteen yards. I felt my toes bent unnaturally and dragging across the ocean floor as I was spit back onto the beach. It made me limp for the rest of the trip.
"Never turn your back on the sea.
For the sea, she made a fool of me.
So I tried to pay her back
But she don't take no flack
So you'd better never turn yer back on the sea."
That's what I made up and what was running through my mind as I jumped waves with John and Julie. Cathy didn't enjoy the salt water. She stayed at the pool.
Then John started getting a headache. Cathy gave him pills. We separated until dinner. Nice dinner. French restaurant in Mexico.
I'm allergic to nuts. If I eat nuts, (like superman and kryptonite) the effects are never the same (although always based in the swelling of something). There were nuts on half of the menu items.Apparently the difference between good food and gourmet food is nuts. I was not aware of this. And the language barrier was such that I could ask them if there were nuts and tell them I was allergic but here comes the salad with nuts and the escargot in the pesto with walnuts. No warning on the walnuts. I ate it. I loved it. I even ate up all the sauce that was left over. Then I started with the nut reaction. It wasn't too bad. And, like having the knowledge that my car might be booted when I return, I pushed the negative down and enjoyed the rest of the meal without throwing up.
Cancelled reservations for the next night.
Then we drank. Went down to the ocean and talked about how dark it was and how scary it was to be near the ocean when you can't see the ocean.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home