padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Work=Play.

You ever spend too much time with someone and then find out you're going to have to spend more time with them? Yesterday after, I don't know, the 4th or 5th day of seeing Scott McNulty and Chris Hauser, we said, "Hey, let's don't get together tomorrow."
Good idea, right? We just crammed to put a show together. We successfully performed it. We also shot and editted about five short films in a week. (I mean really short films.) So we have been pretty stuck together for the last few days.
Well, yesterday we were informed that new opportunities to perform are being offered and opportunities to have more opportunities to perform have popped up. Two separate venues want a video.
Sooooo.
I guess the three of us will get together today. And eventually, F. Tyler (who has been away for two weeks) will join us. Unfortunately, the lovely and talented Iva won't be able to join us as she is the only Co-Governor of Space with a job. And hers is a real job helping real people attain financial freedom well before the age of 65. That was my diplomatic way of saying she's in some money-related field...which often sounds so dirty. So, she can't run around town like a lost kindergartner who doesn't miss his family. (If my family is reading...yes, I do miss MY family. It's a metaphor.)
It really feels irresponsible, what we're doing. Taking cameras around in the parks and other places where we have access to film ourselves pretending. But, ultimately, if I could do this and bring in some money doing it, that would be sweet. So I should get over the feeling of "What are we doing? We're grown-ups."
Can I tell you why I'm able to do this?
Because my wife is cooler than yours, everybody. Take that Earth. And you know how I know that she's better than everybody? The Superman pajamas that she wears. Excellent. She doesn't even know Superman like all you comic book officianados out there. But that's not why she wears it. She wears it so that I'll remember she's Super...for real. She let's me stay home and play with my friends until trolley work comes back in the spring.
Take that hard working people around the world! Take that!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you forgotten that in addition to spending our days together, I didn't even sleep at my own house after last Sunday's show. P.S. your couch is very comfy, but I missed the Superman pj's. Maybe next time?

Tue Jan 17, 11:25:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO... Are we talking sexy spagetti-strap-tank- top-with-briefs or eight grade sleepover cozy pj's.

Tue Jan 17, 11:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger Churchill said...

I would never let anyone picture my wife in anything other than 8th grade sleepover pjs.

Wed Jan 18, 08:02:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To late.

Wed Jan 18, 08:37:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home