padding-top:30px;
<
Google

Friday, January 20, 2006

Investigating food.

I've figured out (and medical websites have backed me up) that to fix my sinus issues, I need to avoid dairy.
To reduce my anxiety and depression etc, I need to elminate caffeine and do my best to eliminate regular old sugar...oh and saturated fats too (blood pressure you know).
I never realized how much my diet revolved around those things until I saw the list of things that those things are in. Turns out it was just a list of everything I ate yesterday.
So yesterday I had sugar in my cereal. Had hotdogs and fries for lunch along with a glass of cherry coke. Dinner yesterday was a couple ham sandwiches. So apparently bread and anything based on flour (like my hot dog buns) is a sugar problem because the flour breaks down into sugars.
So today:
Fish.
I think we have some peas.
Water.
And if I can find anything else that avoids sugar, caffeine and saturate fats, I'll eat that.

Oh and my doctor said if I just excercised, half my problem would be gone.
Meanwhile last night I had a mild episode where I was obsessing on a fear of infinity and feeling of worthlessness for the present moment because of that fear. After I took some medicine to help me sleep and to relax a bit, I began to see the connection between that feeling and feeling guilty for having left my family in Kansas City nine years ago. Because that fear in my head leaves me almost picturing an accelerating rate of time like an out of control waterslide and in these times when I picture this, I'm actually feeling lonely and even a kind of guilt for leaving people behind...like my wife. And when I realized that, I kind of relaxed a bit. Now is filled with the same people and love that eternity will be. So why not enjoy now. You can fully invest in it.

What did the buddhist say when ordering his hot dog? Make me one with everything.
I don't like that joke. I don't like the one with everything thing some days.

I'm about to get on the bike. I've been doing the pushups that Scott showed me to do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you buy the Right brownberry bread. Apparently, there are hundreds!

Sun Jan 22, 12:39:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't eaten sugar in quite some time, like ten years or so, and it's alleviated a lot of anxiety. You know, which is funny, because most people look at me and think, "Man, Jackie is anxious. I'd wish she'd calm the fuck down." Then I'm all like, "This IS calm!" Then they're all like, "Oh. I, uh, have to go over, um, there right now. Seeya." (Clearly, not eating sugar has also given me superlative mindreading abilities.)

Not eating dairy when I am congested helps like 75%. To the point where, when I have a cold, I can't even stand the thought of drinking milk. Blah. My daughter has a terrible cold and I've been slipping her soy milk today and she fell asleep tonight w/o having to take cough medicine. Nice.

Caffeine is a dead horse. The last time I tried giving it up was when I was pregnant, which worked for about two seconds. It would be to my benefit to knock it off entirely for several reasons, but I am of the hopeless variety.

I know, like you asked my opinion. Sorry.

Get well soon!

Sun Jan 22, 10:29:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(all these comments about physical health...)


You are so worried about inifinity. Why? The only reality you will ever know is the one in which you now exist. Are you worried about those who have gone before you? Are you worried about those who will come after? Make the best of this world, this life. Live this life.

Mon Jan 23, 08:34:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home